Wednesday, September 30, 2009

What is your favorite time of day?

Morning has broken, like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning.
Early morning has always been my favorite time of day - no matter how stressed or upset I may have been the night before, morning always brings clarity and hope to me. Perhaps I love morning because I was born in the early morning, but no matter, I always feel reborn every morning as I look out and see the sun rising. Everything will be okay!
I did this layout for http://whatisyourfavething.blogspot.com/ newest challenge - what is your favorite time of day? Do you love the early morning, are you a "twilight" kind of person, or are you a night owl? Perhaps your favorite time is when your family is all together or perhaps it's when you get some "me" time. Whatever, we want you to show us - you have 2 weeks until October 14th. I donated the prize this time - it is a set of Paper Trunk maybe baby papers (very cool in pinks and greens with a little yellow), matching Bazzill cardstock, 2 sets of letters, glitter, rub ons, buttons, ribbons, fabric pieces, some Prima and Heidi Swapp flowers, lots of funky little things from my stash that I thought went totally with these papers, and some handmade fabric flowers, straw flowers, and embroidered felt hearts. I had lots of fun putting this all together!
I started my new intermediate watercolor class today - whoa! I feel like a beginner again! but the teacher is very stimulating and I have to admit even though today was all lecture, I learned a lot. I have lots of homework - by next Wednesday I have to have wetted down the paper, stapled it to plywood, and completely drawn out the subject we are doing, which is a Pacific coast beach scene. Tomorrow I have to go to Home Depot or Lowes and get the plywood - I don't have anything big enough as this is going to be a BIG painting.
I also then had to go in to the gift shop to do some work as today is the last day of our business fiscal year, so it's been a busy day.
Be sure to check out http://whatisyourfavething.blogspot.com/ - Julie's commentary is so happy and inspiring, and wait until you see the fantastic layouts done by the DT. I feel so lucky to be a part of this fabulous group!
ttfn



12 comments:

Amy said...

Your DT layout is so beautiful. I just love how you painted the background. I love the early morning. I can't wait to see your BIG painting for your new class.

Deana said...

That is simply beautiful.... the painting, how you adhered the ribbon, the beautiful photo & the perfect title! Your work is stunning! :-)

sarah said...

hey chris!

you know i love this painting!!! your work is so inspiring and just beautiful! :)

let us know how your painting class goes! :) can't wait to see what you create.

hugs,
sarah.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

*sigh* toooooo bad we aren't neighbors as GUESS WHO HAS A TONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN of plywood (HUGE!) pieces in her backyard...left over from the "break-in" :):):):):):):) LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the photos....and U know I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your project for the DT and YAY!!!! I'm glad U had an AWESOME first day in class! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

morning Chris, i love your work especially how you combine painting with scrapping....I love the way your work is so personalised....i must admit i am a night owl..

Marit said...

Love all the pics and the layout... I'm jaelous at your water colouring skill, WOW! And yes, Libra's ARE fantastic people and have to support each other... so tell me the date and mail/pm me your address, it will be fun to send you a real Dutch birthday card!

Petra Coolen said...

You painted your background yourself?
That is really breathtaking.

Good luck with your painting class!

Hanneke said...

Hey Chris, what a gorgeous photo's, i am a morning person as well, love the fresh new start of a new day!!! When I saw your LO the first time I kept singing that song the whole day, couldnt get it out of my head!!! Glad to hear your painting class is so great, can't wait to see that painting!!
And thanks again for yiur sweet comment on my blog!!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your painting Chris....awesome layout!Love the photo's and the lyrics from the song!Beautiful blogpost!
Have fun with your painting class!
And I just love your prize!!

Georgia Visacri said...

your layout is gorgeous, Chris, awesome page for the challenge! love your photos too!! hugs

mandysea said...

SOOOO incrediblY STUNNING!!
WOW factor!

Carolyn said...

I don't remember commenting on your layout but every time I see it the depth amazes me! It's so pretty. I love the softness of water colours, all your beautiful lace, and that song. When I first saw it I thought, she has it perfect how can I do almost exactly the same time of day. Its fabulous!!!