Friday, September 25, 2009

In retrospect, a creative week

Despite having a cold this week, I have been quite productive. I have been staying home other than to work on Tuesday so I have spent most of my time in the studio painting or scrapping. I decided to try painting a lily - not the best but at least a start. Next Wednesday I start a new watercolor class - Intermediate Watercolor and the teacher teaches very classical and traditional watercolor methods with lots of washes so I am very excited to begin the class. And thanks to an angel named Julie, I was able to purchase some new paints and brushes that I really needed (thank you again!).
Here is a photo of my work table - a crazy mix of stuff. I am working on a shaped mini album but it's still in progress so no peeking. I started working on it right after I finished the painting and part of the mini album is painted so that's why my brushes and towels are there as is the dirty paint water. You might be able to guess the subject of the mini album from some of the items on the table.

This is a little fall display on my entry table. It is beginning to cool off a tad - like highs now 87 and 88 instead of the 90s and lows in the mid and low 70s. Hopefully we can turn the air conditioning off near the end of October - I love our winter electricity bills!
I am going to check out the Fall Haul Crop on Scrapgal tonight and tomorrow. I always enjoy the inspiration from online crops and challenges.
Hope you have a great weekend and here's another quote about home - be sure to get in your Favorite room layout to These are a few of my favorite things - the challenge ends Tuesday!
Blest be that spot, where cheerful guests retire
To pause from toil, and trim their ev'ning fire;
Blest that abode, where want and pain repair'
And every stranger finds a ready chair.
- Oliver Goldsmith
ttfn

12 comments:

Marit said...

I wish I could paint like you... what a beautiful, wonderful lily!!! Enjoy your classes! Have a nice weekend!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous painting Chris!LOve your fall decoration!And the photo of your stuff too...
Hope you enjoy your classes and wishing you a great weekend!

Lisa said...

I've said this before but it bears repeating, you are an amazing artist! Hope you have a creative weekend! {{{hugs}}}

Jenneke said...

You are such an amazing creative person!!! LOVE your painting!!!!
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
XXXJenneke

Deana said...

Your work is simply stunning, Chris. I feel so lucky to have some of it, too!

♥ the Fall entryway display.... just beautiful!

Have a SUPER GREAT weekend (one without a cold, hopefully! :-)

Hugs...

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

WOW! I love seeing your work table, and that painting is so magical!!!! just PERFECTION!!! pat yourself on the back!

sarah said...

oh if i knew how to paint like you --- i'd get an etsy shop for my work! :) hehe.

great entryway display! :)

how hot is it over there nowadays?! thank goodness it's starting to cool down here.. phew!!

hugs,
sarah.

Studio Scrap Craft said...

Lindos projetos!!!!!
Parabéns!!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

*Sigh* I loveeeeeeeeeeeee that painting....and soooooooooooooo HAPPY U could get the paints U needed!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the photos too....hope u feel better soon! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Miriam said...

I love your lily its gorgeous, love your blog too its my first visit ;)

Hanneke said...

I love that lily, so beautiful!!! Hope you feel a little better!!!
Have a great weekend, hugs Hanneke

Jamie Dougherty (jaylynn) said...

Oh my goodness that painting is stunning!! It makes me want to do more fine arts stuff. Thank You for the inspiration !!! Also The stand I use is called a flower frog. You can find vintage ones online or in antique stores. I got that one at Michaels. Hugs Jamie