Monday, September 21, 2009

Harlee-Quinnz layouts

I did this layout using some HarleeQuinnz paper from the Butterfly Garden collection - the paper is called Fairy Grove but I thought it would be a cool Halloween paper as it is pretty much black and gray, and the bare tree limbs look sort of menacing. I used one of the images from a H-Q ephermera page (they have some awesome ones) along with a vintage postard, 2 vintage bookmarks, and a KISS mask - all from my collections. I added a Heidi Swapp clock, a flower, and a Making Memories moon.
This layout is of Dan's grandpa Pete - I thought this photo of him up at Lake Erie with his pipe in his mouth was perfect for the H-Q Scents to Remember collection - this paper is call Tabacco and I used some of the stamps for the words in the little Making Memories metal frames. The fox print is actually a wallpaper sample from Anthropologie and the doily is sprayed with Glimmer Mist.
I have also almost finished 2 other H-Q layouts but one had to be totally redone due to my stamping incompetence. Fortunately I had another sheet of paper to redo it on. I then created a piece of original patterned paper using one of the H-Q stamps - it actually looks great!!! and I am doing a layout on it for the current Candy Shoppe Designs blog.
Anyway, right now I feel pretty terrible and I am afraid I am coming down with a cold so hopefully I'm wrong, but if not, I won't be posting for a few days.
Hope you have a great and creative week!


8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Chris....I hope u feel better soon!!!! :):):):):):) LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the lo's and *sigh* I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Lake Erie ... thanks for the memories! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

sarah said...

WOWSERS!!! beautiful work!!!!! loved what u did with the pp! :)

FEEL BETTER SOON!! :)

big hugs to you,
sarah.

Deana said...

WOW! ♥ the new LO's... especially the first one... very cool!

Hope you feel better soon, Chris! That is certainly no fun! :-(

Marit said...

You know I love your work! Great job with that fairy paper!! Hope you won't get ill, feel better soon Chris!

Anonymous said...

Wow..so beautiful Chris!Love what you made with these papers!!

Hope you feel better soon!!

Hanneke said...

Oooh I hope you feel better soon!!! Love your LO's, wish we had Halloween it seems so much fun!!

ellen s. said...

hope you feel better!!!
that is cool pp! love the lo's

Jamie Dougherty (jaylynn) said...

Hope you are feeling better. I LOVE the Halloween LO and that PP does work perfect. I went and checked them out!! They have some cool papers!!!