Saturday, October 3, 2009

O hushed October morning, and a RAK

O hushed October morning mild,
Begin the hours of this day slow.
Make the day seem to us less brief.
Hearts not averse to being beguiled......
- Robert Frost

One of my very favorite poems, but then October is and always been my favorite month.
I made this little wallhanging yesterday afternoon after seeing Jamie's wallhanging on her blog and on Scrapgal. I used an empty cheese package - you know the kind that is sort of a very thick cardstock - for the center, glued a piece of scrap waterpaper on the back - on which I had painted and scribbled with watercolor and oil pastels in similar colors to the leaves, stapled the leaves on (from an on sale sprig at Michaels), and glued on the little resin top that had broken off of a wine bottle fancy cork and some leftover variegated yarn in bows; and onto the yarnends, I tied little gold leaf charms (not sure you can see them in the photo). The holder is a piece of old cream ribbon intertwined with the yarn. Finally I added 2 7gypsies word stickers.

And now ------Tuesday, October 6 will be my bloginversary so I am having a RAK. Please leave a comment on this posting and you may win the above prize. I wasn't sure what to call it - Purple People Eaters, Purple Passion, Lavendar's Blue, but I finally decided on Lavendar and Lace. it includes some lavendar and purple papers, lots of ribbons, Heidi Grace chipboard, 2 alphabets, a stamp (which I don't think you can see near the ribbons, some buttons, some lace, some fabric, some handmade yo yos, a handmade velvet flower, and a handmade fabric flower, and some other little coordinated stuff. SO...............leave a comment and you might win!!!!!!!


18 comments:

McMGrad89 said...

Yay, I am first. Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE Purple!!!!! My mind is a churning with what a purple person like me could do with such a treasure trove.

Happy Blogaversary. It has been a pleasure to see all of the creative goodies you put out there.

Annemarie (mommyvictory)

Tammy Folk said...

Happy Blog-anniversary....

Love all the purple items there, and what an awesome give away!! How very generous of you!

Have an awesome weekend!

Tammy

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the wall HANGING U MADE!!!! I've been seeing them POP up everywhere and it makes me miss the wall hangings I *used* to make...sooooooooooooo i gonna have to do that again.... thanks for the inspo Chris!!!! And Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the give-away!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the title U came up with...I think there's a candle I like with that name too.....but hehehehehehehehe I had to GIGGLE on the *purple passion* one....LOL.....cuz there used to be an alcoholic drink wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back called that....and it was sold in a 2 liter bottle....lol....and when I was a *bad girl* lol lol lol....i used to drink it....it had the nickname *ghetto koolaid* LOL LOL LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

jacque4u2c said...

LUV!!!! LUV!!!! The wall hanging you made! the colors of fall are just fantastic!!! Fantastic choice on the name for your RAK!!! I hope I am the lucky one that wins!!!! Have an awesome weekend!

Kimmarie Baker said...

Happy Blogaversary! You are very talented and seem to keep very busy. I am interested in learning how to make yoyos. You mentioned that you did a tutorial, Is it posted anywhere?

Get the Picture by Kathy said...

Nice blog - congratulations on your anniversary! PICK ME!

Marit said...

Happy, happy, happy blogaversiry Chris! Hope to see you blog for many years more!!!

Jamie Dougherty (jaylynn) said...

WHOO HOO!!! Chris that wall hanging is awesome!!! I love all of the detail :) Thanks for playing along !!! I really like the cheese case idea!! And what an cool RAK!! Hugs Jamie :D

sassykymmie said...

Too funny, I just got back from the store hunting purple scrap stuff which I found none. Congrats on your anniversary, you have a good looking site. :)
Kymmie
sassykymmie@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Happy blogaversary Chris!Love your wall hanging...very beautiful!
Love that RAK!Gorgeous...love the purple!

Deana said...

Your post/rak just reminded me of when I was in grade school & I played on a softball team. Our uniform colors were purple & white & we would always chant, "PURPLE POWER, PURPLE POWER, YAYYYYY!!!"

Really ♥ that autumn wall hanging... so pretty! :-)

bethchien said...

thanks for telling me about the 7gypsies...I didn't know yet! lol
Loving your project, sweets!
Have a great weekend!
B

Amy said...

Yay for your bloganniversary...I love all your sweet yummies you are giving away... Your October poem is so wonderful, so is the sweet project that goes along with it!!! My favorite time of year is the fall. When the leaves turn colors and the air gets cool. MMmmmm...yummies scents in the air...Yep my favorite!!!

Carolyn said...

Your cheese container idea is brilliant!!! Can I modify it for Christmas? Love the Lavender and Lace theme - don't pick me I might be forced to do another self portrait. LOL
Thanks for your kind words Chris.

Jenneke said...

Happy Bloganniversary, Chris!!
Love to visit you, there's always so many GREAT stuff to be seen!!
And your Rak is awesome, love the colors! Keeping my fingers crossed..
And your hanging is absolutely gorgeous!!!

XXXJenneke

BethW7372 said...

Happy Blogiversary! I'd love to win your giveaway - doing a volunteer project at my local hospital and would bring any prize to the patients for their project.

Jenna Ruth said...

Wow! What a beautiful fall wall hanging. Happy blog anniversary too-- and that's a sweet prize:)

Hanneke said...

I loooove that wallhanger!! Great colors, and looove the leaves!!! And congrats on you bloganniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!