Saturday, September 26, 2009

Some Fall Haul Layouts

Since one of the members(Jamie/Jaylynn) of These are a few of my favorite things blog is a member at Scrapgals, I joined in the fun there this weekend for their Fall Haul crop. I really enjoy these types of crops as I tend to do totally different things and to use photos that I have printed but just haven't scrapped - and that's what happened last night and today. The above layout was one of those challenges where they give you a list of things to use - only cardstock, something red, brads, chipboard, and a title any length. I painted the pear in watercolor. BTW, this dark chocolate with pear is very good - subtle and different.
this is a card I made in like 15 minutes from a Pagemap link that was on the challenge. I printed out the pagemap card pdf as I am terrrible about making cards and this sketch sheet made it so easy!

On this layout you had to use a piece of notebook paper (I will post it to the Lotuspaperie flickr challenge also). On the paper is written -
Is it so small a thing to have enjoyed the sun, to have lived light in the spring, to have loved, to have thought, to have done......?
--Matthew Arnold
that is actually 2 photos taken from the same spot on my driveway, just one higher than the other. I love these K&co butterflies and really like to layer them.
this challenge was to use 5 school supplies - I used a staple, a bullclip, a paperclip, a flashcard, and a pencil (double eraser ended!!!). I love this photo of Brian taken last summer but just hadn't gotten around to using it.

This layout was for a challenge to use an older Halloween photo - this one is from October 2007 and was actually taken at Disneyworld. This is my very last piece of this fabulous Love Elsie paper so it had to be a special photo! I won the Smile word and the little epoxy smileys from Kimbo on SIS at NSD.
I have been a busy bee today - working, shopping, and scrapping. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!




4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! Chris!!! U are ROCKIN' this weekend!!!!! GORGEOUS!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the butterflies on that second one!!!! And I got your email....but it is not letting me respond :( .....but nooooooooooooo nothing yet! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Hanneke said...

Oh my gosh, you did a lot of scrapping!!!! Adn wow aren't they all gorgeous, love them!! And the chocolate yummie looks great, I have to check if I can get some overhere!!!
Thanks for your sweet words at my blog, made me feel so much better!!
Have a great Sunday!!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow..Chris..you did a lot of beautiful scrapping..!
Love all of your layouts.loving those butterflies too and i love that card you made!You really are on a roll!I also love to join challenges wich makes you do different stuff wich you wouldn't think of yourself!Have a great day!

Deana said...

Oh good grief.... ANOTHER chocolate I need to try?! :-) LOL! Chocolate + pear does sound very tempting though... will look for it! :-) And... still need to try the chili pepper blend. So many things to do.... life is rough... :-)

Your LO's are ALL beautiful... you definitely had a productive weekend! :-) Really ♥ the LO's of your son! He's very handsome!

Hope you have a GREAT week, Chris!

Big hugs....