Sunday, September 27, 2009

totally obsessed this weekend

I did even more Scrapgal Fall Haul projects today and I am scrapped out!!!! the above layout was a scraplift but I gave it my own twist with the little Heidi Swapp clothes line, waves, and surf boards. this is one of my last remaining Heidi Swapp rub ons - I have to admit they are terrible - they crack and don't want to adhere (I also have found her old alphas not to stick well but they[especially the she ones]are my alltime favorite looking alphas) but I supplemented them with some pen. I made the little felt hearts. Does this layout look like me? It's probably the simplest layout I have done in a while and the photo is in the middle - totally not like my usual but we need to stay loose and maybe do things a little differently.
Julie T-W did 2 layouts for the OLW word "open" and since viewing them on her blog, I have been thinking about being open to new experiences and opening myself to new ideas. Being open and always learning new things keeps you young in mind and spirit, and I want to remain open to all that exists out there - to continue learning, growing, and changing.
this was for an altering challenge - I altered an eclipse gum container (since my DH quit smoking 1 1/2 years ago, he chews eclipse gum) with ribbons that I won from Kimbo on SIS on NSD.
This Wednesday I start a new watercolor class but in the meantime, I hope to finish at least one more painting. Currently I am working to build up a group of paintings and other items to sell on etsy. I also have quite a few books listed on half.com and have begun to sell some. Every little bit helps!!!!
Hope you have a great week, and remember to get us your favorite room layouts by Tuesday, and the new These are a few of my favorite things challenge will be up on Wednesday. Wait till you see what I did - it's kind of different!!!!
thanks for reading and ttfn!

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awwwwwwwwwww thanks love....seriously, I would never think I'd be one to inspire U...soooooooooo thank U for that compliment! U are just sooooooooooooo talented!!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the lo....and that little pumpkin project....and hehehehehehe....I TOTALLY AGREE ON THE H.S. alphas...I get sooooooooooooooooooooooo frustrated with her products......those one blue alphas of hers....OMYGOSH....they FRUSTRATED me to no end....needless to say....they got recycled!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jamie Dougherty (jaylynn) said...

You are amazing girl!!!! Wow!!! Thanks for joining in on all of it. I hope you stick around :D hugs Jamie

Deana said...

I sooooo ♥ that LO! Another FAV from you! And as for the rub-ons, they look imperfectly perfect on there. I think it totally works!

Cute gum holder too.... & yay for gum instead of cigs! :-)

Have a GREAT week! :-)

Nicole Renee said...

Love that amazing layout, the blues are beautiful!

k said...

chris, it was so fun seeing your work at scrapgal. so glad you cropped with us. and its really fun to see friends across the miles using your "stuff", lol. big hugs.

kimbo in fort worth