Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Do you feel lucky?

This is an altered layout I did for the gesso-peso challenge on Candy Shoppe - unfortunately I used heavy chipboard and the gesso is causing it to warp a little - no matter.... the photo is of a pair of earrings I bought a long long time ago from a vendor at the Jacksonville Jazz Festival just after Florida started its Lotto (probably 15 years ago?) - they issued the coolest Lotto tickets with charming designs on them and there were 5-6 designs (no more - just a ticket with numbers now). I love these funky earrings and they are great fun to wear to parties. I used leftover alphas from several sets (you know how you get down to last few and you have trouble figuring out exactly what you can spell!) and I even had to make the U from a J and something else and the Y from an X - and those numbers were the only ones left but now I feel good that I used them all. The edge colors are water soluble pastels from Staples (these are so cool - you draw with them or color and then dip your finger in water and smear the colors - so fun - and they are really inexpensive). And, oh yeah, you had to use some money or fundage as my son used to call it so I put on a 1 dollar EC (Eastern Caribbean) coin and a French 5 centimes from one of the French islands.
Have a fun day and as Cathy Zielske says, go forth and create!
ttfn

5 comments:

Deana said...

Ok.... well THAT will be going into my FAVS @ SIS!

Sheesh, Chris! Is there no end to your creativity?!!! :-)

♥ it! :-)

Marit said...

I agree.... there seems to be no end to your creativity! I LOVE those edges-watercolour colours... and yes, I know those left-over-alpha's - every scrapper has that! You did a marvelous job with these!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Amen to DEANA AND MARIT!!!!! This is AMAZING Chris!!!! WOW WOW WOW! :):):):):):):):)):):):):):):):):):):)

elina said...

You know what I just love about your scrapbooking??? That you scrap your everyday items which is soo precious and you are doing it in such a beautiful way!!!

Candy Shoppe Designs said...

This is just SO awesome Chris!