Friday, September 18, 2009

Harlee-Quinnz, a quote, and a visit to the Candy Shoppe

I did the Candy Shoppe Designs blog hop and here's my layout - the steps in order: create a background, put an edge on a piece of paper, layer a pp on top, pick a photo, a closeup (okay, this is not super close but believe me, you don't want to get too close to a man who has been on a sailboat for 4 days, who stayed up much of the night, and who hasn't showered since leaving the US - got the picture?!), do something to the photo (I painted the edges), layer the photo on top of the pp, add some ribbon, add 3 flowers at the corner of the photo, add 3 more embellies, and add a title. The prize for whoever wins this blog hop challenge is a kit from http://www.studiocalico.com/
In other news, I received my design team kit from Harlee-Quinnz, and it is awesome - the papers are so beautiful and the stamps are just giving me chills. This morning I am painting but this afternoon I am going to play with my new toys!!!!!!!!!! Don't you just love these mandalas and the fairies! And the ephemera pages are just too cool!

And now another quote about home (in honor of the What's your favorite room challenge on TAAFOMFT)
"'It is but a cottage,' she continued, 'but I hope to see many of my friends in it. A room or two can easily be added; and if my friends find no difficulty in travelling so far to see me, I am sure I will find none in accommodating them.'"
Jane Austen, Sense and Sensibility
This weekend I plan to be a busy girl painting and scrapping - not only for the design team but also the Great beginnings challenge (I think that's the title) at Dreamgirls - I have selected a great opening sentence to a book and can hardly wait to scrap it.
Have a wonderful day!


16 comments:

Candy Shoppe Designs said...

WOW! Beautiful take to the Blog Hop Challenge Chris! I LOVE what you did!!! SO MUCH!!!

elina said...

Your flowers and painting are awesome!!! Thanx for playing!!

Marit said...

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH... to think I have to wait, and wait, and wait a few days more (weeks??? OH NO - don't let it be weeks...!) before I get my HQD parcel in the mail.... I wish I wasn't in the Netherlands right now.... the stamps and papers look sooo gorgeous!!! Oh, well, it will get here eventually.... have a good time playing with it Chris!!!

Lisa said...

Your Candy Shoppe Design LO is fabulous!!!! Love it! Have fun playing this weekend. xoxo L

Jenny B in Indy said...

This is great Chris.. I love your cute title!!

jacque4u2c said...

Just tooooo CUTE!!!! Can't wait to see your other creations with your new kit!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your page, Thanks for playing! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that page...the "smelly" story cracks me up!!! LOL!!!! And those FAIRIES are OMYGOSH BEAUTIFUL!!!! Can NOT WAIT to see what U create! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Deana said...

Really ♥ that LO... the "waves," the sun, that photo, the carboard background... all perfect!

The kit is perfect for your scrapping style! Can't wait to see what you do with it! I'm just sure it will be amazing! :-)

Great quote again!

Peggy said...

Wow, I so love the look of this LO! I had a little giggle with your description of the pic as well, thanks for that LOL!
xxx Peggy

Lita said...

oOH, this is spectacular! I love the cardboard, the painting and everything is done in the best of ways. BRAVO sweetheart!!!

ellen s. said...

oh how cooooooL!

Unknown said...

I think that this as avery cool layout,love the colours and the waves.....

JenMatott said...

Love what you did! So cool with all that paint!

Jennifer Priest said...

Wow--those flowers rock!! Love the waves too. And fun title!

finnabair said...

great job - I love it!