Thursday, September 17, 2009

tie one on

This photo was taken the same evening as the one in my TAAFOMFT favorite room layout. I love to make aprons (and wear them) so I found a wooden peg rack at the thrift store, painted it, and Dan hung it for me to display some of my aprons - I change them for the seasons. This layout (sorry for the glare on the photo) is done totally in LilyBee papers (that I won from Scrapjacked) but I used an old doily as a mask and glimmer misted the background and then stamped with an old stamp I had. I have been so inspired by Jeanet's layouts lately at TAAFOMFT - she is so totally talented with the misting and stamping!!!! - and I wanted to try my hand with supplies I had on hand (until yesterday afternoon I had only a very few stamps but I will tell you why I now have more in the next posting).
Since we are doing what is your favorite room at TAAFOMFT, I thought I would post some homey poems and quotations for the next week or so and here is the first one:

"His house was perfect, whether you liked food, or sleep, or work, or story-telling, or singing, or just sitting and thinking best, or a pleasant mixture of them all."
-----J.R.R. Tolkein, The Hobbit

7 comments:

Jamie Dougherty (jaylynn) said...

That Lo is so pretty!! I love the masking you did on this!! And Aprons Oh I love aprons :) Love your work, it's so artistic and fresh. Hugs Jamie

Deana said...

Another STUNNING LO & I ♥ the title... so clever! :-)

♥ the quote, too! :-)

DrAnnika said...

Found your page from CAndyshoppedeisgns - and I LOVE what I see!! Keep up the good work, and is it ok for me to do some copying and "stealing" from your layouts, because they are stuning!!!

elina said...

This is gorgeous!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I'm right
You're wrong
U can't argue
with
the
BOSS
hehehehehehehehehehe :)
I was a representative on that team....and all that were affected by
not
getting
what
was
theirs
to
get
deserve
it...... period! :)
I ain't gonna be able to say I was ever a part of a team that didn't follow through.....soooo U won two times
u get two times
the prize....
but
since
i
suck
at
real
artist
stuff
i
hope
what
i
got
was
ok..........
u truly deserve
it
u
are
such
an
inspiration....i can not ever
EXPRESS to U how much I think so........
for
example.........
this lo
is
gorgeous!
ABSOLUTELY
STUNNING
AMEN!!!!!!!
Just ask Amy on our
team
my thoughts
on
people who deserve their
prizes....cuz she got shafted
by the same person
and i won't
allow
it
sooooooooooooo
again
no
arguing
with
the
boss.....
that is all! :):):):):):):):)):):):):):):):)

Marit said...

Tolkien is my favourite! I even wear "the one ring"!!! (don't believe that? Look here:
http://marit.marius-siroen.com/?p=2282

I love the quote!!!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous LO, Chris! Love the masking and stamping! I'm looking forward to hearing how your stamp stash increased! LOL! Your apron collections sounds lovely! xoxo L