Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Masks and misteries




I have been playing with masks and misting this afternoon. I made the leaf mask for the Scrapgal Halloween challenge today. I began with a scrap of grungeboard (thanks to Lisa), I sprayed it with 2 coats of meadow green glimmer mist and then spritzed it with black cherry and coffee shop. I cut out the mask and then cut leaves out of the scraps. I love how the grungeboard curves with a little coaching. I then glued Prima leaves, grungeboard leaves, a Heidi Swapp flower, a small Prima glitter flower, and a bling gem onto the mask. I laid it on the piece of waste paper that I used as a mat and discovered how it made a nice vignette.
The top photo is a staged photo I did this afternoon for a design piece that I am doing next month as a Guest Designer but you will have to wait until then to see why I took the photo and exactly what it means.
Hope you are having a great week. And be sure to get us your favorite time of day layout by next Wednesday, October 14.


9 comments:

Deana said...

That photo of you is so fantastic, you could make ANYTHING to go along with it & it would ROCK!!!! :-)

You are just way too creative, Chris! Thanks for the inspo! :-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

U ARE GDT'ing???? For WHO????!!!!?????? :):):):):):):):):):):):) LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE that photo of U and the masking! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

sarah said...

HOLY MACARONI!!! :) you're way too creative. great photo of you too! :)

hugs,
sarah.

McMGrad89 said...

How fun!

Hanneke said...

Great photo!!!!! Very mysterious!!!
And wow you do make beautiful things!!!

Marit said...

Now you got me curious.... what a wonderful picture of you with the mask but what is behind this...??? I'll be back!

Unknown said...

love the new look of your blog...as for the leaf mask too beautiful....cat masl good enough for LION KING!!!

Carolyn said...

I just love this mask. It's so feminine. Gorgeous!!!

Lisa said...

How cool is that! I knew you would blow me away with your artistic skills and grungeboard! AWESOME!!!

Love the wonderful photo of you!