Sunday, October 18, 2009

Love at 1st bite and some other layouts


(Edited October 22). I won the challenge on the paper cut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I saw a posting for a new challenge(on the SIS board) blog about the Twilight books, and the first challenge is how you first found out about the Twilight books - in January 2008 I had joined the Big Picture Scrapbooking reading room, and Twilight was on the reading list for the summer. I got it from the library (had to put it on reserve) and I was hooked!!!!!!!! I put the other 2 books on reserve and devoured each one. Then it was a long wait until Breaking Dawn so I ended up rereading the other 3 books.
This weekend A Million Memories is having an online crop so I joined in on 3 of their challenges. The above challenge is one of those food ones where you select menu items and then they tell what those items represent in scrapping supplies - I had to use glitter, handwritten journaling, polka dot paper, buttons, and a black/white photo. this is one on my last pieces of Lily Bee paper that I won from Scrapjacked - I just love these papers!!!!!! I received the envelope and part of the flower in another challenge from Scrapgal.

This layout was for an Ad challenge. I used lots of Harlee-Quinnz Designs Cowgirl ephemera. The paper is Fancy Pants, which I received in a prize from Butterfly Crafts, and the stamp came from the Scrapgal prize. I purchased those awesome buttons in Trinidad (they have an entire section of Port of Spain that is filled with fabric and notions stores. I got these in a store where you pick up a basket when you walk in and then you just walk around the store and fill the basket with buttons - ABSOLUTE HEAVEN!)

This layout was for a sketch challenge in which you scatter something small in a diagonal across the page - circles of paper, flowers, whatever. I cut out butterflies from an old butterfly identification folder, the paper is from SIS (I finally broke down and bought some of their papers when they were reduced to 10 cents each). I took the photo when we were in North Carolina a year ago.
Last night we attended the most incredible concert - CHRIS BOTTI!!!!!!! Not only is he a fabulous jazz trumpeter but he is super cute! The music was just so awesome - it was in a fairly small venue - an old movie theater that had been recently renovated to have stage shows., and he is so personable - well, I just can't say enough good things about him and his band, and his special guests. Just the best!!!!!!
It's quite cool here today! We have had a very drastic temperature change - on Friday it was 91 degrees, the cold front went through Friday night (unfortunately no rain - Sept is usually our rainiest month but this year we didn't even have an inch - we are having a pretty bad drought) so yesterday it only got up in the 70s and then this morning it was 49!!!!!!!!!! That's cold for Florida, but today it is so refreshing - sunny with brilliantly blue sky. I have red chili on the stove for dinner. YUM!
Hope you have a great week!
ttfn



10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...these are gorgeous chris!!!! U know i am loving that twilight one and love love love the cowgirl one too!!!!! And 49....brrrrrrrrrrrr :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

McMGrad89 said...

I love the cowgirl layout. It reminds me of looking through old magazines and catalogs my uncle used to collect.

Deana said...

I ♥ those LO's sooo much, but especially ♥ the first one... that is a definite FAV!

So glad to hear you enjoyed your Chris Botti concert. I figured that would have to be a great one to attend! Lucky you! :-)

And YAY for cooler weather!

Have a great week! :-)

sarah said...

you've been busy!!!!!

these are gorgeous!! :) the twilight one looks great!

have a great week!

hugs,
sarah.

mandysea said...

WOW Chris, I totally love coming here and getting me some eye-candy!! Soooo love your work!!
Amazing and inspirational!
xx

Marit said...

You've been busy Chris! Some marvelous layouts again... love the cowgirls!

Christina Padilla said...

beautiful layouts.......i especially love how you made a little bite out of the apple! genious! thanks for playing and i hope to see more entries from ya for future TPC prompts! :)

Jenneke said...

WOW Chris, they all look stunning!! Can't pick my favorite!
Hope you'll have a wonderful week!

XXXJenneke

Hanneke said...

Loooove your LO's, so gorgeous love the cowgirl one!! I have to check that Twilight blog, sounds so cool!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrat on winning Chris!That LO is amazing!Love the other ones too...I so love your style!So much inspiration!
So great you had a wonderful concert too!Music is just great!