Friday, February 6, 2009

Not enough hours in the day



I did this layout yesterday for both the Creative Type (retro) challenge and the Category Stories (what I love about) challenge. (By the way I will be a guest designer for Category Stories in June this year). I got the idea from a Pier 1 catalog that came in the mail this week. It made me think about our trip last year to NASA and voila! the layout just made itself. I drew the spaceship, found some cool retro fonts, and cut out elements from the little catalog. I am currently finishing layouts for SATU and Bad Girls, and trying to keep up with the Wilna class and the Year of Color blog. I will post some of these layouts and projects either later today or tomorrow. This afternoon I am going to a retirement party for someone I used to work with. I made her a 5 x 7 framed layout (but I forgot to photograph it before I wrapped it) of a photo I took several years ago of her at her desk - she was so engrossed in her computer that she didn't even realize I took the shot. I really hope it surprises her.

1 comment:

Bree mcconnell said...

Love the bright colors. This lo rocks