Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hope - the thing with feathers


This is a wall hanging I finished yesterday; it was inspired by Wilna's he{art} class. Her project is an Ikea 12 x 12 shadowbox with a feathered heart in the the center. The heart is hollow in the back and has a light in it. I loved the idea but in the spirit of not buying it, I looked through my supply closet and came up with an 8 x 8 Making memories shadow box (a Christmas kit purchased at Tuesday Morning (19.99 orig, 4.99 at TM) last fall, a heart cookie cutter that I covered with paper and tissue and surrounded with some marabou feathers (you should have seen the feathers floating around the room; Hana(my cat) was crazed - her eyes were gigantic as she watched the feathers dancing). All this time I'm thinking of the Emily Dickinson line, "hope is the thing with feathers" so instead of love like Wilna's, my piece is about hope. I took the little metal hope charm off an old layout that I wasn't fond of, added the heart earring that I found somewhere, and the words "the thing with feathers". The background is a download from Wilna. Since I like to do our bedroom in white in the summer, I will hang it in our bedroom. I also finished the painting for the class but it needs some tweeking - it also will go in our bedroom. I am so fortunate to win admission to this class - I love it. Wilna is so inspirational - the projects, the instructions, the videos, the music.
Dan is golfing this morning so I need to get lots done - laundry, house cleaning, watch No Reservations (from the library). this afternoon I will tweak the painting and make the Valentine cards. I also hope to do some watercolor flowers and maybe work on some submissions for the Scrapmojo DT and the Ad this DT. Oh, and don't forget fixing dinner and some time to eat 3 meals and clean up the kitchen, and read my favorite blogs and maybe a walk - no way are there enough hours in the day!

No comments: