Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Scrapgal blog hop and a little poetry

 Good morning! It's a busy day today - Scrapgal blog hop and the newest These are a few of my favorite things challenges so let's get started....

If you've just visited Cassie's blog and are here for the Scrap Gal Fall Haul Blog Hop, you're in the right place! But if you came here through your Reader, be sure to hop on over to the http://thegalblog.blogspot.com/ to get started. 
But I digress......................

the latest challenge at http://whatisyourfavething.blogspot.com/ is up and it is "What is your favorite poem?"
I have always loved Emily Dickinson's poetry and one of my favorites is her verse about Hope
I used some wonderful Melissa Frances patterned paper (from Scrapgal) for my background, the vintage images and buttons are all from Gecko Galz, the feathered wing is a Christmas ornament from Marshall's bought after the holidays last year, and the poem is torn from an old book.  And you know that I couldn't stop myself from adding a few bits of torn fabric and laces from my collection. Hope you come over and see the rest of the DT layouts and then show us your favorite poem.


..........and now back to our regularly scheduled programming......................
 

  You should have arrived at my blog from Cassie's blog and you are now going to Donna's blog. Be sure to finish at the Galblog for a prize!

For more fun, games, challenges and prizes be sure to join us this weekend at the Scrap Gal Fall Haul Crop!  on the Scrapgal forum



I look forward to seeing you there. 
ttfn
Chris



30 comments:

Donna said...

Chris, this is stunning! Love the beautiful feather and portraits!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I soooooooooooooo love love love love that lo Chris!! soooooooooooooo AMAZING!!!! I am always in awe of your creations! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kim said...

Gorgeous LO! Can't wait for the crop!

Unknown said...

WOW! That is so pretty Chris!

Valine said...

Beautiful LO! I just LOVE the feathers!

Cassie said...

I absolutely love your layout Chris!!!!
that wing is perfection!!!!
Can't wait for the crop!
=)

Shannon said...

What a great layout! Love the wing!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Very vintage Chris! Beautiful. Yeah for crop weekend!

Kimmie said...

Beautiful layout as always, Chris! Can't wait for the crop this weekend! Woohoo!!

silvia said...

Beautiful LO!!

Erika M. said...

Wow what an amazing layout!

kate blue said...

you knocked this out the park-and you knew I was gonna ask about that awesome feather! LOVE THIS!

trish.chamberlain said...

Beautiful layout, Chris!!!
Hope I get some time to play this weekend!

Rita Barakat said...

Love that lo! I have been wanting to do something with vintage pics!! Right now I am just collecting! LOL!

Deana said...

Gorgeous page, Chris. Looks like it came right out of an old book of poems. The feather is the perfect finishing touch! :-)

Becky Moore said...

That layout is gorgeous! Can't wait for the weekend crop!

Jscraps4u said...

Wow Chris...that is simply beautiful! Can't wait for the crop!

KellyG said...

Gorgeous layout, as usual!

Kelly Massman said...

Great layout! :-)

Jennybean said...

stunning layout!

kim c said...

hippity, hopping

muwahhhh, looking forward to this weekend

Anonymous said...

Beautiful layout Chris and a beautiful poem! Love that feather and those yummy vintage goodies!
Have fun with Scrapgal!!

Anonymous said...

Love your layout with the poem!!! It's a great challenge this time... if only I could find the time to play along.. can I send in an oldie maybe?

Hanneke said...

I love your LO, that angelwing is so gorgeous!!!!!
Hope your cartrouble will be over by now!!! I am doing fine no more bad luck!!!!

Court said...

LOVE that Hope poem and layout. Beautiful!

aimee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aimee said...

hey chris! just hopping around.
see ya this weekend!

Angela said...

Great layout! love the buttons!

Krystina said...

Chris your LO is fab as usual. I love your style. I'm off to hop...

EverydayMe said...

when I first saw your poem lo... i was in awe... and a bit jealous... it's perfect... and it's everything beautiful... love it!!! {{hugs}} Michelle