Sunday, September 26, 2010

Abundance is........

Abundance is having the time to play with some paints and paper
Abundance is receiving a box of fabulous trims, laces, and flowers in the mail (thanks to Prima)
Abundance is cutting strippons from a vintage chiffon scarf to use as a ribbon yarn in my Autumn wrap
 Abundance is a free Saturday at the McKee Botanic Gardens and my camera
Abundance is a sunlit and dappled path into the gardens
Abundance is Birds of Paradise in all their flaming glory
And Abundance is finding a truly inspiring book at the Used Book Depot and also getting out my autumn bowls with their messages of Abundance, Blessings, Plenty, and Harvest

Abundance is starting a new portrait painting class on Tuesday
discovering an Agatha Christie Miss Marple mystery that I have never read
finding a French wine on deep discount at the liquor and buying several cases
relishing the pears and apples that are in the markets right now
planting tomato plants for the fall growing season here
finishing a new quilt top - all ready to be quilted
discovering a new (to me) violinist whose music both excites and calms me
really getting into yoga and feeling such peaceful energy and no arthritis pain

Hope your Sunday is filled with joy and abundance - I have already done my yoga routine, and hope to watch football and the Dover race on television while knitting like a mad woman (I have a shawl that has to be finished by Thursday for a contest). No scrapping this past week but there will be several new things to be shown once October arrives.
ttfn
Chris

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I loveeeeeeeeeeee this post Chris!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO INSPIRING!! I love love love love the photos... and the message!! And WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I got our package yesterday...check my post! THANK YOU! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

D. Jean Quarles said...

Lovely thoughts. Yes, so inspiring.

Jocelyn said...

What a wonderful post Chris....truly full of abundance and thankfulness...

I adore all the pics and what a great way to spend Sunday afternoon..I too will be watching Football..wishing I were knitting...that is one thing that I wish I knew how to do!!! ENJOY!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your post Chris! Sounds like a marvelous week which filled you up! Cherish these moments, and enjoy your Sunday!

Deana said...

Your life is certainly abundant & full of many blessings! So great that yoga is keeping your arthritis under control. Exercise helps SO MANY things! And what a perfect prize for you from Prima! I'm sure you'll make many amazing projects with all that!

Enjoy your week! :-)

Hanneke said...

I love this post Chris, it's so inspiring!!! Beautiful photo's and I love all the fab laces and ribbons, so pretty!! Good to hear yoga relieves you arthritis!! Hope yiu'll have a great week!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post and beautiful photo's!
Wonderful Chris!Thanks for sharing!

sarah said...

thanks for this post. i never stopped to think about the abundance around me. :)

happy wednesday, chris!

hugs,
sarah.

EverydayMe said...

so beautiful... this is a great post... I have an abundance around me... love it!!!
{{hugs}} Michelle
p.s. on the last 2 post I tried to post a comment my compute crashed both times... on the same post... so here's the comment for the lovely quilt, wrap and fav things....

I love them all that wrap is beautiful... and I love your choice for fav things... it's a wonderful lo... and your your pin.... wow wow wow ... it is so lovely... andthat quilt... youhave beena very very very busy girl.... I loving everything... you're so creative... I can't wait to see what's next... tfs!!!
{{hugs}} Michelle