Thursday, June 28, 2012

A few more JB layouts

I finished up a few more layouts for the Jenni Bowlin crop - these are the end of them. The above one is a pleated paper challenge - I am not much into pleating but I asymmetrically pleated a piece of an old dictionary page for this one.
 this one is for the watercolor challenge - I cut a sketchbook book painting out and added some ephemera to display my love of tea!
This last one is about using negative parts of your scrapbook supply packaging or negative parts of die cutting. I don't have a die cutter and haven't bought any supplies in over a year but as I was pulling labels off an October Afternoon sheet of labels for another of the challenges, I saved the negative part of the label sheet and used it here. It is too slick to write on so I used dymo labels but even they didn't want to stick. As I was taking the photo, one of them literally jumped off the page. Too funny!

This was a fun little break from my usual studio time - I think it's good to recharge your batteries by doing a few different things occasionally but now back to drawing and painting (and knitting and sewing a new top).

thanks for reading and have a great day,
Chris

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are BEAUTIFUL Chris!! I loveeeeee the row of numbers on the first one!!!

Mary Ellen Koser said...

Hi Chris, I have been trying to figure out how to reply to you on my blog spot but no go. So here I am on your blog spot. I especially liked your tea collage, that one appeals to me.
An Idea; let's meet on line during the summer and share a completed challenge! I will check out the JB web site and get started. Don't know why I did not get started reading your blog sooner!!!!