Index card a day challenge on daisy yellow's blog, and it fits in perfectly with my sketchbook challenge creations. I decided to make my cards 4 x 6 rather than 3 x 5 as I had a few cards of that size on hand (free samples from paper manufacturers) so I dove right in - for the first card I used 2 of the prompts: yellow and dictionary - I adhered a dictionary page with the word "yellow" on it and then used watercolor paints to paint flowers. This was a great exercise as the watercolor paint did not soak into the paper - it just sat on top of the paper until it dried (very much like hot press paper). I can tell already that I will learn a lot from this challenge - I have been meaning to paint on other surfaces - test them out - and doing it in small ways will be great.
Remember over the weekend, I sewed a camera strap cover and then I decided to do checkbook covers - check back tomorrow to see what I made.
Thanks for reading,