Sunday, June 24, 2012

A little cropping

I decided to join in with the crop at Jenni Bowlin this weekend - the above layout is of my sweet little Hana cat - the challenge was to use three mediums - I used acrylic paint, misting, and ink along with a few little embellies
this one is a two-fer - one to make a layout for someone (my husband) and two, to only use half of the page. I cut out words etc from some junk mail, added a few little things, and threw some paint and ink at it
this challenge was to scrap a place - the photo is of my son feeding the birds in Italy. I hand painted the background with watercolor and scattered salt on it to create texture
this is also a two-fer - to use labels and to focus on the photo - I just love this photo of my husband
this challenge was to scrap an action sequence - I went to my vintage photo file for this funny photo booth sequence
the one is also a two-fer - both JB and http://thestudiochallenges.blogspot.com/ to go with the negative - so I left lots of negative space - the frame and photo are mounted in the middle of the black paper - I tore the word "fragile" from one of my vintage dictionaries.

This was a great little break from painting (although I did paint all yesterday afternoon and also drew out a new painting) and I have a few more of the challenges that I want to finish this week.

Thanks for looking,
Chris



3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are AMAZING!!!! Loving the paint splatters, the photo of your hubby and LOVING the KL paper on the last one!!! :)

Katherine said...

Super projects I love all your clustering and white space, and all the negative on the last one - thank you for playing along with us at the Studio :)

Jill said...

I was so happy that you were able to participate in the challenges! I so love the LO that you did for the sequence challenge. The colors are incredible.