Monday, December 26, 2011

A holiday painting for my Captain

 I painted this for my DH for Christmas - it is based on a photograph that he took on Christmas night 1997 when we were anchored in Boot Key Harbor at Marathon. He went out in the dinghy and took photos of Kalahari, our sailboat, backlit by the sunset.

I have been working on skies so this one reminded me of early morning in the Keys and I worked on the strip of land from my fond memories
Hope you are having a wonderful Boxing Day!
Chris

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwww! Chris...that is BEAUTIFUL!!! I am sure he loved it! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Marit said...

Oh wow Chris - my jaw dropped... your paintings are even more marvelous every time I come visit you! You're so talented! Merry Christmas!

Deana said...

Wow, that is simply beautiful, Chris! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!