Friday, December 2, 2011

December days 1 & 2

Day 1 (yesterday) of Tim Holtz's 12 tags for Christmas.
I went with his basic idea but used what I had in the studio
I have been doing a bit of sketching faces
Art is practice, patience, perseverance, and play!
Day 2 (today)

I drew the deer and cut it out freehand
I dyed the ribbon and burlap with coffee

Last week was a special family time with good company and delicious food.
This week has been a whirlwind of activity - painting, crafting, designing a new quilt, attending a Christmas luncheon, shopping, and working.
Sorry I haven't been around the web much lately but I have lots to show you in the next few weeks.
Thanks for stopping by,
Chris

4 comments:

Paper Issues said...

Good to see you post your gorgeous tags!!! That blue Noel is amazing. The burlap on your reindeer tag is the perfect touch. <3

Marit said...

Ah... time for Tim's tags again... I love what you made! The tags, little as they may seem, are so you!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are GORGEOUS!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the sketches too! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Deana said...

Beautiful tags, Chris! Love how you dyed the burlap!