Friday, December 30, 2011

As the old year winds down

I am thinking about and planning some projects for 2012
I saw lots of embroidered tops on a recent trip down to West Palm Beach,
especially at Anthropologie
so I dug out some of my vintage patterns and collected floss and fabric
I plan to make up several kits in the next few days for embroidering and sewing.
I will also be listing a bunch of my vintage patterns on etsy so stay tuned!
DH gave me a wonderful magazine for Christmas called Jane Austen Knits - I love it!
And here I am casting on the Theme scarf out of some Cherry Tree Hill yarn from my stash
the color is called Spring Frost and it is so beautiful!
I also started working on a quilt for DH's birthday this spring
The pattern is from the February 2009 issue of American Patchwork & quilting
which I picked up at the Used Book Store
I think he will like it (well, I hope so anyway).
He likes to have a small quilt down at the bottom of the bed
just in case his feet get cold!
Thanks for reading
and hope you have a fun weekend!
We are just staying home for New Year's Eve
but I am going to a painting party on New Year's Day
and we are attending a big birthday party on Jan 2-
should be fun!!
that's all for 2011 -
see you next year
Chris



1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeee those blues!! GORGEOUS! Happy New Year! :):):):):):):):):):):)