Thursday, December 8, 2011

December days 5, 6, and 7

Here are my newest tags inspired by Tim Holtz, but if you are following his blog,
you can see that mine ended up very differently
His day 5 was a red background with stamped white letters
I used a plaid paper
(I just finished reading Diana Gabaldon's new book
The Scottish Prisoner
and I suspect that I was influenced in my color and pattern choices by the thought of Jamie
I added some black Prima lace, some red tulle, and a Russian enamel brooch
His day 6 was a funky technique using some stuff I have never seen so I dug in my scraps box
and came up with a scrap of a painting that I had done in watercolor and gold leaf
It made me think of the wonderful dark chocolates that my DH gave me for my birthday
(I had saved some of the wrappers)
and I just accented it with a peacock feather and some charms along with the title
Finally day 7
Tim die cut holly leaves but I painted them and cut them out
I used a scrap of Stampington paper and a torn Prima butterfly (missing some parts!)
some little pearls (don't know whose)
I am really enjoying making these little tags
I will admit that I have moved away from scrapping pretty much
but it is so much fun to play with paper
flowers, ribbons, inks, and paints
I am ready to create some more tags but lest you think I haven't been painting
just a quick little sketch in my sketchbook of a Venetian door
from a photo I saw in a book
I am super excited to be enrolled in a painting class starting in January
about painting Venetian landscapes in watercolor
Maybe my OLW for 2012 should be Italy -
I could paint Italian scenes, learn to speak Italian (I have some cd's), 
watch movies filmed in Italy (the Tourist, Under the Tuscan Sun, etc.)
eat Italian food (my son gave me a Venetian cookbook for my birthday),
well,
it's a thought anyway
What are your plans for next year, and do you have any favorite movies or books set in Italy?
thanks for stopping by,
Chris

2 comments:

McMGrad89 said...

I think Italy would be a great OLW. I made Norway mine one year and 3 years later I actually made it there. It was the best thing I ever did.

Keep on creating, Chris.
Hugs,
Annemarie

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love the tags and the painting!! Italy would ROCK as an OLW!!! I just went to Vegas for my birthday and brian took me on a gondola ride at the Venetian :):):):):):):):):):):)