Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy Mabon!

I saw Rebecca Sower's mood board for fall on her blog and decided to make one for myself. I used a frame (bought for a dollar at a garage sale a long time ago), cut foam board to fit, and covered the board with white burlap. I hung it at the end of my long/narrow kitchen and figured that I can change it out season to season.
 For autumn, I went with vintage Halloween postcards and book markers (from my collections) buttons, feathers, brooches, a necklace, ribbons, fibers, a chocolate wrapper from my vacation to Seattle, a card about the upcoming Andrew Wyeth exhibit at our art museum, and whatever else just seemed to fit.
What a fun project! and I am already thinking of a few changes for Thanksgiving, and then a whole new look for Solstice and Christmas!

Have a great weekend!
Chris

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwww! What a GREAT idea!! I loveeeeeeeeeee this!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

EverydayMe said...

soooo beautiful!!! I love all the little bits... so inspirational!!

{{hugs}}Michelle