Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The colors of my life - painting and thrifting

A study of yellows and purples
colors I love to paint
BUT
almost never buy or wear
Last week I really helped the economy!!
I had been having so many problems with my car (a 1998 Buick Century
that my husband inherited when his mother passed)
but I was trying to wait until next year when our finances will be better.
DH told me that he was concerned about the reliability of the car so
I went looking and purchased a new car
whom I have named Miss Blue (my blue jeans baby!)
then I actually did some driving around town
and hit some thrift shops
Things are really really dead here so many of the thrift shops are having big sales
I went to 2 of the best ones - thrift shops from off Orchid Island (where the rich people live)
(Maybe you have heard of Orchid Island in the Stuart Woods's books - he lives here as does Carl Hiassen)
Anyway,
one of the shops had 75% off all women's clothes and I spent $28 and got
Talbot's tan pants
Old Navy tan cardigan
Jones NY black blouse
Talbot's black patterned knit top
white Austrian top
2 J Crew embroidered tops
So love the embroidery!
I did a quick look-up of pricing on line when I got home
and I got $400 (retail) worth of stuff for $28!!!!!
BUT
did you notice
everything I purchased was black, white, tan, or navy?
Interesting?!?
thanks for reading,
Chris

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeee the new painting! And yayyyyyyyyy for new car and clothes!!!! Loving those outfits you got! :):):):):):):):):):):)