Sunday, January 31, 2010

What's your favorite outfit?

The new challenge is up at These are a few of my Favorite Things - what is your favorite outfit? Do you like to hang out around the house in sweats, do you have a favorite comfy sweater, or does a very special outfit always make you think of your little ones? Whatever, we want to know. The DT created some fabulous layouts and now we want to see what you create.  I fell in love with this Old Navy sweater a couple of years ago when I saw this ad in a magazine and then I saw the ad on tv and just loved the Ingrid Michaelson song. My birthday was coming up and I was visiting my son in Sarasota so I got both the sweater and the cd as presents (we don't have an Old Navy where I live). You will notice in my photo of the sweater that the sleeves look a little different on mine - that's because the sleeves of the sweater were made for a giantess. I have somewhat short arms and usually have to wear petites so I hemmed the sweater to fit me.
I did this layout for the Scrapgal blog 2 weeks ago - I did a short tutorial on how to make silhouettes. Everyone seems to be doing layouts with this particular Webster's Pages paper and it is fascinating how different scrappers have used it. I have a new tutorial coming up on the Scrapgal blog this coming Tuesday for a Valentine wall hanging.
I have been working on a small watercolor of camellias - should be finished today or tomorrow. I am also doing some brain storming and writing about my artistic philosophy and goals - basically, an Artist's Statement. I need to write a short bio and get some paintings listed on etsy. Always so much to do but it's all good. As you get older, you must be more selective in your goals and in your focus on the goals - it's so easy to get distracted and stray into other activities, but then you realize that the goal is just as far away as it was. I am not really into doing the one word thing but every week so far this year I have written FOCUS on the top of the page in my weekly Book of Days. I found an old unused the Goddess Book of Days at the bookstore and it is filled with inspiring stories of the feminine heroes and goddesses. I still have an old book of days from our cruising days - it was filled with the paintings of Susan Seddon Boulet and I always found them so very inspiring. Just yesterday I was following a link to a blog about CHA and the author was writing about  a mixed media portrait class that she was taking from Suzi Blu - she started showing drawings that she had made based on the paintings of Susan Seddon Boulet - what a small and exciting world! 

thanks for reading and have a wonderful Sunday and coming week.
ttfn
Chris



5 comments:

Deana said...

Your FAV OUTFIT LO is so GREAT! I ♥ that you used the magazine ad & then wrote your journaling on there. Your snowflakes are so cute, too! Just an all-around GREAT design & page!

Hope you have a GREAT week, Chris!

Big hugs...

McMGrad89 said...

I still love that song, too. Never got to get the sweater though, but I picture it each time the song comes on.

Love the balloon layout.

Huggs

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

i can not even tell u how much i love love love love love that lo....just gorgeous!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

I love your outfit... I'm the "comfy suits and sweaters" type too (not to mention pyjama's!) Love the balloons on the other lo! Have a nice week Chris (don't forget to focus - teehee)

Hanneke said...

I always love to read your posts!! love your fave Lo, that sweater looks so comfy!!! And I love the one with the silouette!!!

Have a great week!!