Friday, January 29, 2010

Nesting

I woke this morning to the cheery sounds of bird song - it has warmed up quite a bit and many of the birds who moved south during the cold weather have returned. Unfortunately many of our bushes and trees were bitten by the cold and dropped their leaves so they are look very wintery and the homes of their current and previous inhabitants have been exposed. I spied this nest at the top of one of our alamanda bushes - and wouldn't you know - the birds in my yard like to decorate their nests with scraps of yarn and fabric! Oh, I know birds don't intentionally decorate but it's fun to imagine.
And along these same lines, I did a small framed piece for the current Bad Girls project.
I have been busy busy finishing up DT work and painting, and reading. Currently I am reading Dreamers of the Day by Mary Doria Russell. It is an incredible book about a forty year old American woman who visits Egypt in 1921 during the Peace conference in which Asia and Africa were carved into many of the countries we have known in our lifetimes and in which the seeds of World War II and many of our current problems were created. The writing is brilliant, and I have to stop occasionally to think about what I have just read.
Tomorrow the new These are a few of my favorite things challenge will be posted as will the winners for the current challenge (better get us your layout today) and I will post my layout.
Have a wonderful Friday!
ttfn
Chris

8 comments:

Amy said...

I love birds.....anything that has a bird on it....Just makes me happy. I love your framed art. Just fabulous. The book sounds good. It is raining here. strange weather. I think that is why I am a little under the weather...Don't they know moms can't get sick and if they do they better just stop the clocks or nothing gets done. Have a great weekend.

Jenneke said...

WOnderful pictures, Chris!!
And that frame, wow, it's perfect!!
I admire your creativity soooo much!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

XXXJenneke

McMGrad89 said...

Just dropping in to say HI. I do read all your posts. I just am sometimes too tired to press "comment." Love the frame. Glad to hear you are having good weather. I am on my way home to bundle up from the freezing weather here. Best wishes. Enjoy the outdoors. Annemarie

Deana said...

Oh my goodness. That bird framed project is so sweet & pretty!

Your bird's nest photos remind me of the time we had a bird build a nest on our front door wreath. Bob was annoyed by it, but I would get up on a chair & look through the top window in the door & watch the eggs. One day I actually got to watch the momma bird feeding the baby birds. It was priceless.

Hope you have a great weekend! :-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the photos and love love love that frame!! the bird and the feathers are GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photo's Chris!I love that frame and your art piece!
You are so creative!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

Love the photo! We have a blackbird in our yard every spring, and "she" likes to decorate too... gonna leave her a purple piece of fabric and see if she takes it this spring! Wouldn't that be wonderful?

sarah said...

that sounds like such an interesting book! :)

...and beautiful photos!!! seriously, everything you do is so artistic. what an inspiration you are.

hugs,
sarah.