Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sewing for spring

Time for a little sewing -
I purchased these fabric scraps when I was in Portland, OR last summer - just some remnants of Japanese fabrics - don't you love the subtle patterns! I only had so much so I had to think how to use them. I came across a vintage pattern in my stash that showed tops in which the fabric (a single pattern) was cut in different ways (some on the grain and some on the bias) and then sewed back together to create an asymmetrical top. I played with my fabric and the pattern to make it work - and I really like the result - totally unique.
I am now working on a second top from another piece of Japanese fabric - it too was not quite enough so I was very creative in how I cut it. Here you see it pinned onto Bella (my model) and ready for sewing this week.

Hope your week is going well and thanks for stopping by,
Chris

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You are sooooo talented!! I loveeeeeeeeee the top!!! beautiful!!