Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Felicity card - for Three Cool Chicks


So are you following along with the letsgettrendynow Three Cool Chicks fun little workshop?  What a great little kickstart to inspire you (and me) with challenging you to use certain elements in your layout or card!

On Monday, the challenge was to use or to make a banner (I am still working on that idea) and on Tuesday, to use a doily in your layout or card. I often purchase vintage linens at thrift stores or garage sales (always so inexpensive) and I found a set of vintage fabric embroidered coasters that have just been sitting in my linen closet. The Chicks's challenge reminded me of them SO I dyed one with the remnants of this morning's coffee, cut it apart, and the sewed it to distressed cardstock along with a fabric scrap (from the top that I just made - the fabric is from a shop in Portland where I visited last summer). I used a gingham scrap and then some crazy Prima trim that I had won a couple of years ago - the trim is very strange with sequins and such and frays badly so I wadded it up and hand sewed it like a flower. I cut the definition from a vintage dictionary that I have and it was done.

I am looking forward to seeing tomorrow's challenge. Check it out and be sure to play along!
Chris

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I knew you would ROCK this one!!! This is GORGEOUS!!!!!! I loveeeeeee how you added the color!!! AMAZING!!