Tuesday, June 30, 2009

SIS staycation and CATWALK!!!!!!!!!

Those of us who couldn't attend SISinversary tried to have our own SIS staycation. I really commend Kim, Marit, and Diana for all their work as well as thanking Lucy, Jody, and several others who joined in to have challenges online. I presented a tutorial-challenge on flower creation. the above layout was done for Marit's dazzling decades challenge and my challenge was to use 60s music - obviously the Beatles. I painted the background and then got crazy hand cutting letters and doodling.
the next layout, which seems to be a little blurry, was for Kim's movie challenge - I had to use ribbon, something moveable, skittles colors, and a home theme.

And then, TA DA, this was done for the Free Shopping challenge and guess what, it got selected for the CATWALK. I am so thrilled! The challenge here was to use chipboard alphas, lace, and a black and white photo. This photo is of my DH and his twin many years ago. I used some of the elements from MM vintage package that I purchased with my 40% off coupon at Michaels.
All in all, it was a great weekend even though not that many people participated. Marit offered to do funky things with photos so I sent her one and it came back looking very much like a pen and ink sketch - so cool!
So far this week has been extremely productive - I finished piecing the wallquilt for the Year of Color blog and even got it totally ready for quilting. I have been painting on my large orchid painting and hopefully can get a lot of it done tomorrow. We are supposed to start a new still life project in class on Thursday.
I was selected to be a member of a DT for a new challenge blog and I received our first two assignments today - I have the first one almost finished. I am so excited about this but you will have to wait until July 15th for the announcement and to see the layout.
Have a great evening and a super day tomorrow!



No comments: