Sunday, March 18, 2012

Another voyage to Artica




Playing with paints again
in my Wednesday group last week
and using a fun technique in which you paint on the paper and then layer on a coffee filter
You then paint between the pleats and leave it there for a while to soak in (you can leave it until it dries if you want) 
Pull up the filters and then do some more subtle very wet painting
I let it dry as I went home
and after lunch I wet the paper again and used more paint and actual leftover coffee to tint the paper
I then stamped a bit on it and then finally scrubbed some of the lines off
I really love the textured shapes created by the coffee filters

Are you having fun today?
thanks for reading,
Chris

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Beautiful. The effect with texture and transparency are lovely.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful! LOVE the colors!