Thursday, August 4, 2011

Life is short

Laugh when you can... ✿ Apologize when you should... ✿ Let go of what you can't change... ✿ Love deeply and forgive quickly... ✿ Take chances and give your everything... ✿ Life is too short to be anything but happy... ✿ You have to take the good with the bad... ✿ Love what you have... ✿ Forgive and forget... ✿ Always remember that life goes on... ✿ Re-Post if you agree Life is short...
 thanks Debbie for saying this so well!
It is a typical summer in Florida (very very hot and very very humid but very little rain) so I am caving in my studio - sewing a new quilt, painting lots of new paintings, and reading voraciously (I have been obsessed with the George R R Martin Game of Thrones series and am now in the the fifth and last so far, A Dance with Dragons - so perfect as an escape for hot summer afternoons).
I have been thinking quite a bit about the making of art and being an artist - what to show to the world and what to keep private.  I will be posting some new pieces in the next few days and talking a bit about art making.
See you soon, 
Chris

4 comments:

Hanneke said...

Hi Chris, It's been a while since i've been around! Hope you are oké! Love your post and I can't wait to see what you've created lately!! Hugs Hanneke

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I have missed ya girl... hoping all is ok with you!! I love that quote at the beginning! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Carolyn said...

Fantastic quote, thanks for sharing it. I'm looking forward to A Dance with Dragons. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quote, thank you for sharing.

Have a peaceful day.