Sunday, April 17, 2011

A new painting

 I am trying to use every free moment right now to do the things I have to do so I can carve out blocks of time to paint and create.  This painting is my interpretation of one  in An Introduction to Flower Painting by Elizabeth Harden. During the workshop that I took last week, I was introduced to a wonderful painter from the UK, Shirley Trevena, and would love to get her books. However, funds are slim so I put them on my wishlist and hopefully will get them for my birthday later this year.  I thought that I had seen some of her work before and when I got home, I dug through my watercolor books about painting flowers - I discovered that she has several paintings and a tutorial in An Introduction to Flower Painting by Elizabeth Harden so I was thrilled and  also inspired by the many great painters who are highlighted in the book, so I have spent the last several days painting flowers.

Lots to do today - I want to bake some cookies to put in the freezer to have with our after-dinner tea in the evenings, and I need to finish some projects for submission and DT work.  My DH is almost recovered from his cold BUT guess who has caught it?!  Yesterday I vegged a bit - finished a book, watched The Social Network (very good!), and then worked a little on a fabric mixed-media project.

It's been a very productive week for me!

Thanks for looking,
Chris

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That painting is GORGEOUS Chris!!! And I hope you feel better! I want to see "The Social Network" ... I have heard it is good! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)