Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Animal, vegetable, or abstract

Just playing in the studio today
I will let you guess what this painting is supposed to be or not to be
Warm today but cloudy and we just had a little shower
which we needed badly - they had to close I-95 in the county just north of us because of forest fires and we can actually smell the smoke
I have Beef Bourguignon (recipe from the Barefoot Contessa) simmering on the stove
it is a complicated recipe but I love to make it at least once every winter
I had a very happy surprise this morning:
I won a $25 gift certificate to Joggles.com from the Sketchbook Challenge blog - Yay!
Joggles sells mixed media, drawing, doll making, and other types of craft supplies
I am super excited - not sure yet what to order because they have such fantastic stuff!
Hope you are having a great day!
Chris


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

To me, the paining looks like some sort of water-flowers (don't know the name in English) that are ready to bloom... am I far wrong? And congrats on the certificate, isn't it marvelous to receive such things and you get to 'just pick what you want'. I always feel like a little kid when it happens to me.. Enjoy!

McMGrad89 said...

look like artichokes

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I'm with AnneMarie... I am thinking artichokes! And CONGRATS on the win!! That is AWESOME!!!! And hopefully the F-I-R-E-S (I don't say that word... only spell it...lol!) ... stay away from you! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Hanneke said...

Congrats Chris great prize!!! Love the painting, gorgeous colors!! And fire that sounds scary to me!!

Deana said...

I'm guessing artichokes!

EverydayMe said...

yeah for you!!! love this!!!
{{hugs}} Michelle

Cynthia said...

veggies? so, calming:) I hope that calming energy can get those fires down. Not good:(

Go you on your GF win:)