Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Gecko Galz Deadwood papers


this is my February project for Gecko Galz using the fun Deadwood papers - Belle Starr and Cowboy Days - the Wild West Women ephemera, and some of their yarn and ribbon fripperies. I added a few touches of my own - a red plastic spoon, a crocheted flower from a hot pad, a Maya road felt flower, a Making Memories clip, some old feather charm earrings that I had made, feathers, a hand made flower, buttons, and some tiny old metal picture frames. Do you not love the little "Sheriff" pin? I got it at Tuesday Morning in a little Generation T kit for altering teeshirts - you will be seeing more of the pieces of that funky kit on future projects. I originally had thought to make a recipe mini book as Leanne had sent us some chipboard pieces - but as you know, projects sometimes have a way of making themselves into something else, and the whole thing transformed itself into a wall hanging - of course, I had to use the classic Carabba's license plate - Ciao Y'all!  The recipes are ones that I actually use - the Red Chili recipe came from a hippie bar in Telluride, Co, the brownie recipe from a bar of cooking chocolate, and the black bean quesadilla recipe from an old newspaper.

Happy February!
Chris

6 comments:

Hanneke said...

Love love love it!!! Grwat idea to make a wallhanger, looks so great!! Love all the bits and pieces you used there is so much to see!!!

Anonymous said...

The cowgirl looks so good! And your recipes sound yummie... I'm a lousy cook, do you think I could make them?

Deana said...

What a cute little wall-hanging! Fun way to embellish it, too!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is AWESOME Chris!! I love love love the colors! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

Love the idea of putting recipes you use all the time on your wall-hanging, it's super cute with the red fork and all the goodies!

EverydayMe said...

what a great wall hanging... it's so fun... love the colors, design... it's just soooooooo great! {{hugs}} Michelle