Saturday, April 17, 2010

Some challenges- CSD, The Sampler, and Sketchy Thursdays

The new challenge is up at http://candyshoppedesigns.blogspot.com/ and it is "It's raining, it's pouring". We want to see your layouts about raindrops or teardrops - pretty wide range but it's be gotta be about water and drops. I took this photo in my yard after a heavy rain - I love how GREEN and shiny the leaves are and how the water droplets just pop. The paper is about a year old - I received it in a kit that I won and could never figure out how to use it because it is so unique - the black stems and leaves are flocked like velvet. So I decided to add some button flowers, a scrap of fabric, a Maya Road April calendar (it is actually April and of course, April showers bring May flowers. LOL!) and some scraps of Basic Grey Origins paper. I used part of a poem by Langston Hughes - I have always loved his poetry.
"Let the rain kiss you
Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops
Let the rain sing you a lullaby."

Candy Shoppe Designs is also holding a design team call so check it out. I will be staying on as Lemon Zinger but some of our Lollipop Girls are leaving so we need to add some new designers. Check it out - it's a fun group!

Head on over to The Crop Spot at Scrapbookingsuppliesrus for the latest challenge - to use chipboard on your layout. I used some Maya road chipboard fruits - I painted them with acrylic paint and added felt leaves. I also used some of the Cosmo Cricket Material Girl and Garden Variety papers from the April Sampler kit as well as a piece of the Core'dinations cardstock, the rick rack, and Prima lace all from the kit. While you are there, check out the DT call - I only have one more month with The Sampler but I know that it will be a good one and you should apply - the kits are great!

Be sure to get in on our bloghop from yesterday at ScrapGal - check out my blog post from yesterday or head over to http://www.scrapgal.com/

Hope you have a great weekend. My DH had to open at the golf course today so he got up at 5:15; unfortunately I also woke up so I got up and watched New Moon while I drank coffee - I have to admit that I really liked Twilight better. I have to go in to work at the gift shop for a while today, then pick up a book and an audio book from the library, and then go grocery shopping. A busy day!

 I did this layout for Sketchy Thursdays challenge blog - just love their sketches but I don't seem to find the time to do them . I was playing around painting and when I saw their sketch, I just thought - why not do a layout without a photo? I used some really cool real wood paper for the background, some masking tape, and Pink Paislee alphas.

thanks for reading and
ttfn
Chris

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh U finally saw new moon!!!! I am torn on the two....i like parts in both...i actually was impressed with how they did the passing months of her depression in new moon...i was wondering how they were going to fill those 'blank' pages! LOL!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the lo's!!! The colors in the first one are JUST GORGEOUS and love love love love the photo in that second one!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

McMGrad89 said...

I love how you used the felt to make flowers on top of the flowers on the PP.

kim c said...

the rainkist photo is a beauty! i really love this layout, of course, green is my fave color, lol.

Anonymous said...

The raindrop-poem is beautiful! LOVE your green and fresh layout!!!

Deana said...

Beautiful pages, Chris, & I ♥ that photo of the leaf with the rain drops! So crisp & clear! :-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

HOW did I MISS the one for Sketchy Thursdays?!?!?!?! HOLY SMOKES WOMAN!!!!!! Chris!!! IT IS AMAZING!!!! WOW WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! AND U USED the REAL WOOD PAPER!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!! U know I loveeeeeeeeeeeee that!!! JUST GORGEOUS!! Thanks soooooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with us! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

heidi said...

love them! Esp. the "create" one. LOVE it.