Thursday, July 23, 2009

Colors album

I made this Colors album a while back and thought I would post it since it sort of goes with the challenge at http://whatisyourfavething.blogspot.com/ for favorite color. Come on over and join us in the fun - the response has been fabulous and Julie has created an outstanding blog! The cover for my colors album was made from bits and pieces left over as I completed the pages.
Purple - photo of a wallquilt I made inspired by lilacs. the background is gessoed and painted
Greens - light, avocado, and olive
Greens - bright - the photo is of our key lime tree
Yellow - the photo is of our sailboat at sunset on Christmas night 1997 in Boot Key Harbor, Marathon, Florida. The rest of the album photos are in the posting below this - I just can't seem to be able to post more than 5 photos in a posting - can someone help me? I am sure it's easy but I keep trying things and I just haven't stumbled onto the technique.
I'm back from vacation and trying to catch up on everything. It's fabulous that so many scrappers have posted layouts for These are a few of my favorite things and I am making sure to look at each layout and leave some comments. I find it so amazing and interesting how each person reacts to a prompt. Some of the layouts make me go - oh yeah, I love that color too.
We had a great vacation - my DH played golf 4 times, which was the main reason for our vacation, and went kayaking in NC. I did some shopping, took lots of photos, and had some fun times with my SILs. I had gotten someone to come in and feed my cat while we were gone - Hana was fine but I am exhausted from petting her since our return - obviously she thinks I should make up for all the lost petting while we were away. I bought a pattern for a really cool Christmas table runner and fabrics, a pattern for a really creative top and fabrics for it, some Liberty fabric for a top, some craft stuff at Hobby Lobby (we don't have one), some fabulous dark chocolates at World Market (we don't have one), 2 pairs of funky flipflops(summer clothes were on sale in Alabama), a beautiful sleeveless blouse for $2 at a consignment shop in Opelika, AL, a really cool knitting pattern for a cape made from lots of different kinds of yarn (if you knit, maybe you have heard of Prism yarns and their Wild Stuff, Cool Stuff, etc. which are lots of different yarns tied together - the skeins are color coordinated and lots of fun but EXPENSIVE so I have lots of leftovers and I thought I would create my own Chris's stuff. LOL! So I now have lots of new projects to work on.
I need to finish the binding on my tutorial wallquilt for the Year of Color blog and get busy on the layouts for TAAFOMFT blog and possibly enter a few more DT competitions that are going on right now - and, of course, finish my watercolor paintings.
So ttfn - I will be back on the weekend.




7 comments:

Amy said...

What an amazing color album you have created. You are right.. it is perfect to share for our challenge. This is so very inspiring!!!!

Anonymous said...

absolutely gorgeous

Deana said...

That is SO COOL, Chris, & such a timely post with the current FAV THINGS challenge!

Hope you have a GREAT weekend! :-)

Jocelyn said...

Love this album and what a great idea!!!! You did a fabulous job on it!!! :)

Lisa said...

What a wonderful artist you are! This color album is gorgeous!

I think I can help you with posting more that five photos. I shoot you an email to see if what little knowledge I have will do the trick. :) L

Petra Coolen said...

Thank you Chris for your kind words concerning my layout "brown".

Anonymous said...

Wow..Chris I lOve your color album!!All those beautiful colors and patterns and papers you used...you are so talented!!
Sounds like you had a great time on your trip!
Have a great day!