Monday, June 20, 2016

Prima June BAP - Salvage District





I went positively crazy with this layout for the Prima June BAP.
When I saw the page map, I knew that I wanted to use some of the vintage
Prima laces that I had won a long time ago.
I particularly love the Salvage District collection 
and knew I had the perfect photo
of the open doorway to an antique shop in Asheville NC.
I used some IOD Baroque 4 molds and paper clay
to make the architectural elements onto which
I adhered the photo - at an angle so it give perspective to the layout.
I layered lots of Prima laces with some sequin waste
and added Salvage District flowers and some cut outs 
from the Chateau paper and the cover sheet on the watercolor pad.
Originally I was going to use
another Salvage District paper for the background 
but the photo had so much gold and brown that instead
I used Timeless Memories Everlast.
I painted some of the papers with gold pigment
and used the water soluble oil pastels
to make them more compatible with the background and the photo.
I then added some vintage Prima buttons and 
some other little embellishments that just seemed to fit.
Finally I typed the journaling on my little Royal typewriter:
"the salvage district where you discover
treasures, magic, and mystery."
This layout was a labor of love
Hope you like it
ttfn

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! LOVING the flowers and the lace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!