Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Changing seasons (especially the time change)




My DH goes to work on Sunday mornings at 5:20 am and I usually just stay in bed until later but this past Sunday I woke up and puttered around in the dark for a while.  I like the glow of lamp light rather than overhead spots or fluorescent lights, so I have a lamp on my kitchen counter - I found it in a thrift store and it looks so old fashioned and almost matches some of my thrifted dishes.  The yellow-gold glow is so warming and cozy.  I use this old tray over my stove - it is easy to clean if anything splatters and one of my favorite things is the little tea timer - it keeps track of three different times so whatever tea you are brewing is perfect.

I then put together an Apple crostada (Barefoot Contessa recipe) - so perfectly yummy for fall
and put some pork country ribs and sauerkraut in the crockpot - good eating once the football games are done.
How was your weekend?  I always treasure those quiet early morning moments alone - some coffee or tea and some dreaming and planning..........................

Chris


1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving the photos!! That pie looks yummy!!!!