Sunday, March 10, 2013

Spring maybe..........

“Spring is the time of plans and projects.”
Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina 
 
A watercolor painting of waterlilies - from a photo that I took at McKee Gardens in Vero Beach, Fl and cropped.  Spring to me is bright sunny yellows and brilliant greens - hope and anticipation.

I have been a very bad blogger this year - my goal for this year was to draw and to paint at least 3 hours every day and hopefully more - to show up at the easel every day - so with everything else that has to be done, that doesn't leave a lot of time for blogging - but I will try to do a bit better.

Next week I will be attending a watercolor class by http://www.alvarocastagnet.net/, one of my favorite painters.  As he is an international painter, I never thought I would have the chance to attend one of his classes but he is doing a Florida swing this year and I was lucky enough to snap a spot. 
I will be taking lots of notes and photos and will report back when I return home.

thanks for reading and have a wonderful day,
Chris

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love the painting!! BEAUTIFUL colors and have fun at the class!!!

Marit said...

I've been laying low, not commenting or blog visiting for a while, but now I thought it was time to pay you a visit and see what you're up to... I love your latest painting! Hope you're well?!!