Sunday, January 6, 2013

Painting the space between

"'Sometimes paper is only paper,' my mother says. 'Words are just words. Ways to capture the real thing. Don't be afraid to remember that.'
I know what she means. Writing, painting, singing - it cannot stop anything. Cannot halt death in its tracks. But perhaps it can make the pause between death's footsteps sound and look and feel beautiful, can make the space of waiting a place where you can linger without as much fear. For we are all walking each others to our deaths, and the journey there between footsteps makes up our lives.'"
      - from Reached by Ally Condie

These words reached my brain, my heart, and my soul. Art is a way to make the space beautiful.  Thanks to Ally Condie for stating it so very well.
Chris

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow... that is just beautiful Chris... thanks for sharing this!!