Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A walk around the neighborhood


Probably from the title of this post, you expected to see some scenes of my neighborhood in south coastal Florida - palm trees and holiday lights - especially the "icicles"!! But the above painting was inspired by a huge live oak tree in our next door neighbor's front yard. A previous neighbor who lived in that house was an artist who created art from wood pieces and found things.  One day he came over and took me to show me the tree in the front yard. He had placed a skull in a big oval hole in the tree - I doubt you can identify the skull type as it is an alligator skull turned upside down.  That was several years ago and now the skull is a permanent part of the tree. So................................................
Thanks for looking,
Chris

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow! That is a cool story! I loveeeeeeeeeeee your painting!! FAB colors!!!