Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Home again

I have returned from my trips to Sanibel and to Orlando for the Florida Watercolor Society convention. Had some great times!!!!! I stayed at the Doubletree Hilton right across from Universal (the convention was in the hotel) and had the coolest room - 11th floor facing west towards Universal - the lights on the rides at night were sparkling, the fireworks pretty cool, and I was fascinated to watch the smoke from the Hogwarts Express move through the park. I did some quick sketches of the "towns" at Universal - wish I had taken my camera but oh well........................
I came back with lots of ideas and inspiration - the only things I purchased were a watercolor sketchbook and a package of watercolor cards and envelopes - I plan to paint a lot of hand-painted cards to sell on etsy and here in town.
Some of the people at the convention - LOL!!!! I was practicing sketching children like those in vintage story books.

Speaking of selling, I am continuing to destash and am selling some of the watercolor instructional dvd's that I have purchased in the last 3 years - Susan Harrison-Tustain, Sue Archer, Arleta Pech, and Don Andrews. Also some Trollbeads and a few other items - Ebay seller - mcaground
Now back to the studio for some sketching and painting.
Hope you are having a super day,
Chris

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Glad you had fun!! LOVING the sketches!!!!!