Sunday, October 23, 2011

October - right now


Just one more week in October but it's going to be a big one!!!!!! I am so loving this time of year with the house open
doing lots of baking - carrot cake for my birthday and banana walnut bread so yummy with cream cheese or goat cheese (just this minute I can smell our normal everyday bread baking - oooh yum - I love warm bread with butter or in the French way, with some dark chocolate melted on it!)
My lanai has lots of plants - Christmas cactus and poinsettia - getting ready for blooming and holiday gift giving
I am truly enjoying the wonderful new cookbooks that my son sent me for my birthday - I have been wanting more cookbooks by Tessa Kiros for so long - I love the artful photos and the delicious recipes
Doing lots of art and craft - see top photo - revisiting and finishing a quilt that I started when we lived in Jacksonville a long time ago (probably in the early 1990s). I called it Lavendar's Blue (like the song) - I pulled it out of the storage bin and fell in love all over with the soft palette.
Got sidetracked this past week knitting slippers - I had planned to knit slippers for DH for Christmas so I whipped up one last Sunday - it looked small so I showed it to him and had him try it on - way too small - I recalculated the stitch count and got his two slippers knitted on Mon and Tues - then on Wed I knitted a second one to match the small one so now we both have slippers - and just in time for our first "cold front" down in the 50s at night. Now I am back knitting my Branches and Dunes lace scarf.
I will be taking a watercolor class for the next two days in which we paint with gold leaf - sounds cool!
Hope your fall is going well and thanks for stopping by,
Chris

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You have been busy! Happy BIRTHDAY! :):):):):):):):):):):)