Monday, April 25, 2011

No rest for the painter or the knitter

Despite being sick last week, I did do some painting and knitting (most of the knitting was on the weekend).
I did this one just for fun!
I am knitting a vest with the Jane Thornley knit-a-long on Ravelry - I found this necklace that I had made a long time ago - I think it will add to the Safari flavor!
The project must be finished by May 31 so I have to get busy and knit knit knit. The back which you see part of above is about half done, then I move on to the fronts, the gussets, and the finishing touches. I probably won't be able to wear it until late fall, but I think it will look very exotic with jeans or black pants and a black top.
Hope you are having a good week. I just finished the Prima BAP for April and need to photograph it - hopefully later today or tomorrow.  See you soon!
Chris

4 comments:

Deana said...

Love the paintings, Chris! The olives pairing would make a cute gift with a set of martini glasses!

Glad you're feeling better. Not fun. :-(

Hope you had a nice Easter!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeee the paintings! And loving the necklace and knitting project! Hoping you are feeling better soon! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful Chris - I like the olives, there's something 'free' to that painting! Your vest is turning out lovely! I can see you wearing it... Don't forget to rest and relax Chris! Take care of your health! Enjoy the week!

Hanneke said...

Love the paintings and can't wait to see your finished project!!!!