Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Christmas Carol and a Card

When I read this evening that the prize this week for Sketchy Thursdays was Copic markers, well, I just had to do a card (but first I had to finish the dishes and then watch Man shops globe ) but here is my card - don't you just love that Cosmo Cricket paper - I won the entire set of Early Bird from Scrapgal and I think it looks really Christmas-y. the tag is Elle's Studio from the Sampler kit and the tree is fabric.
And then I just had to show you the incredible book I got for 50 cents today - it's a pop-up of A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens - only a little bit of it but the pop-ups are fantastic! I took a few photos (a little dark since it's night) but aren't they wonderful?!


The Sampler kit at Scrapbookingsuppliesrus was revealed today so hopefully I can show you my layouts soon - it's a great kit with a wide assortment of papers and embellishments.
ttfn



10 comments:

Nicole Renee said...

Love your card, that pop up looks like so much fun!

Jenneke said...

Wow Chris, what a gorgeous book!!! And only 50 cents???? Unbelievable!!!
Enjoy your happy finding!!

XXXJenneke

Anonymous said...

I ADORE pop up books!!! Have you ever tried making your own pop-up pages? It's fun!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

girllllllllllllllllll that is WHY I made my card for ST sooooooooooooo fast this time...lol lol lol...my friend Krista has got those markers and the airbrush machine...sooooooooooooooooooo i ONLY get to use it when I go to her place!!!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed that me or U win it!!!!!! loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that book too!!!!! VERY COOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

McMGrad89 said...

50c!!!! That's incredible. Your card came out well. Good luck winning the markers.

Deana said...

That card is so adorable... I'm lovin' that "tree" you made!

Great find on the pop-up book!

Hugs...

heidi said...

Wow! Love this card. That tree is fab! Gonna have to try that!! Thanks for playing along with us!

Heidi, Sketchy Thursdays

Hanneke said...

WOW lvoe that card, that tree is so gorgeous!!! And that book!!!!!!!!!!!! Love Christmas Carol (we are going to see the movie tomrrow), and only for 50 cents? That is such a great catch!!!

Anonymous said...

YAY for pop up stuff!!! :)

can't wait to see what you do with the sampler! i just know it's going to be stunning work! :)

hugs,
sarah.

Jane Smith said...

Hi Chris, I have popped over from LGS to say Hi. Thankyou for your lovely comment. I am so glad I came over here for a visit what a beautifully festive blog to visit. I love your work!!! Have a wonderful Christmas. XX